Resilient, creative, dependable, and commendable – these are just a few of the many qualities we think set military spouses apart in the workplace. Yet, for all your strengths, we know that when it comes to gaining employment, military spouses face many unique challenges.
At Walmart, we are committed to you.
As one of the largest employers of military families in the country, we actively seek out military spouses so we can employ your skills and experience to the fullest.
* As reported by the Department of Defense
At Walmart, we have thousands of full and part-time positions available across the country.
Today, managers have the ability to post unfilled shifts in their stores. This level of transparency allow associates the flexibility to pick up additional shifts based on current schedule and ability. We are also piloting additional programs that will provide our associates even more opportunity to request specific shifts. With flexible scheduling and wide variety of positions, Walmart will partner with you to help you and your family succeed.
* Reported by Syracuse University's Institute of Veterans and Military Families
Have no fear here. We look at your connection to the military as a great strength, not a weakness.
As a company founded by an Army Captain, our Stores, Clubs, customers and associates have always shared a strong bond and affinity with the military. From our Veterans Welcome Home Commitment, Wall of Honor, and extensive Veterans Day celebrations, to the organizations we partner with and support every day, the military and military families are part of the very fabric of our company.
* Survey conducted by Military Officers Association of America
Taking Care of Your Family
Depending upon region, most associates enjoy the following benefits:
Health & Well-Being Benefits
- Consumer-directed health plans, including Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) plans and a high deductible plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA). Highlights include:
- 100 percent coverage for eligible in-network preventive care
- $4 co-pay on eligible generic drugs at Walmart or Sam’s Club pharmacies
- Free access to nurse care managers and health care advisors
- HMO plans (available in certain areas)
- Vision plan
- Dental plan
- Resources For Living® – a free confidential counseling and health information service
- Company-paid life insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance (AD&D)
- Critical illness insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Illness Protection (Sick Time)
- Matching contributions to your 401(k) up to 6% of your salary
- Associate Stock Purchase Plan with a company match
- Associate Discount Card for Walmart and Home Office associates and Sam’s Club Home Office associates, spouses and dependents
- Sam’s Club associates receive a complimentary membership
- Exclusive discounts on everything from brand new cars and wireless services to travel when associates visit our online Associate Discount Center – more than 375 discounts available